Communication Manager is the next generation of Avaya call processing software. Designed as an open, scalable, and highly reliable telephony solution, it effectively scales from under 100 users to as many as 36,000 on a single system and to more than one million users on a single network.
Designed to run on a variety of Media Servers, Communication Manager provides centralized call control for a resilient, distributed network of media gateways and a wide range of analog, digital, and IP-based communication devices. As the core telephony software for Avaya MultiVantage Communication Applications, it gives enterprises the flexibility to introduce advanced IP telephony solutions as needed while leveraging their existing infrastructure investments.
- Improve Enterprise survivability and availability by protecting it from network fragmentation and/or catastrophic server failures. Provide customer full feature functionality as the primary server when Enterprise Survivable Server or Local Spare Processor takes over.
- Inter Gateway Alternate Routing & Call Admission Control help ensure high quality & availability voice traffic on converged networks.
- Enhances business continuity for branch office by preserving the voice paths on calls when control is transferred from the primary server to Local Spare Processors or vice versa.
- Replicates multiple sources of the same announcements and music to the gateways and port networks and automatically select the closest source to play announcements & music.
- Signaling and media encryption provides the highest levels of encryption for secure IP voice calls.
- Expanded Meet-Me Conferencing provides a basic and low cost conferencing solution for up to 300 parties.
- Extends the support of Unicode to enables IP telephones to display in local country language for trunk calls.
- Improves Robustness - New flow control and configurable traffic shaping capabilities allow IP interfaces to pro-actively respond to changing traffic conditions or Denial of Service attacks.
- Improves Diagnostics - First introduced on S8300, now expanded to S8500/S8700 with port networks. Helps determine location of network outages by launching a trace route command from server when IP connectivity is lost.
- Supports a low bit-rate modem over IP - Developed for Government sector to use with specific analog telephones used as Secure Telephone Units (STUs).
- Accessibility enhancements deliver on Avaya's commitment to enable all employees with the tools needed to communicate effectively.
- Extension to Cellular provides one-number accessibility by bridging calls that come to an office extension to any digital cellular telephone.
- SpeechAttendant enhancements enable voice command controls for many standard telephony capabilities, such as drop, transfer, conference and hold.
For more information, or to schedule an appointment with CTI, please call 1-888-477-4CTI.
Avaya Enterprise IP Phones
How to Optimize Your Enterprise
IP Telephony: Your Path, Your Pace, Your Choice
Reduce Conferencing Expenses
What You Need to Know About IP